We have a great team in a great place – and we are always looking for more.
There’s life at work and life outside of work. We want everyone in our team to be healthy, travel often, get time to give back, and have the financial resources and support they need. We offer an entrepreneurial spirit and encourage all of our team members to think outside the box, creating the most innovative solutions on the market.
We currently looking for the following profiles to extend our team.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (EMEA)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (EMEA)
Motion-S is a data science provider that predicts demand and Total Costs of Ownership for multimodal mobility. Our data augmentation platform collects and contextualizes data from any source. Motion-S aims to revolutionize multimodal mobility experience by optimizing offer and demand for smart-mobility solutions that make urban transportation more sustainable. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to create Motion-S’ partnership strategy in the region and execute deals that help accelerate the company’s objectives in the EMEA market. As the first member of our EMEA BD team, you will be responsible for building Motion-S’ first relationships in the region and working with diverse teams to close and execute partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Drive EMEA partnership strategy and negotiate deals end-to-end
- Identify specific partners to engage and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case
- Be customer obsessed and develop long-term partnerships
- Build strong senior executive relationships with key partners
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product to ensure successful development and execution of partnerships
- Create playbooks and pitch materials to empower local teams to efficiently scale partnerships across the region
- Partner with Legal to support internal partners dealmaking needs
- 6+ years of relevant business development experience in EMEA, especially within the European continent
- Experience in mobility or consumer tech business development (BI tools, SaaS, fleet management or telematics solutions …), preferred
- Ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to drive complex, multi-faceted deals
- Dealmaker and strategic thinker with an ability to execute in an evolving, ambiguous, and fast-paced environment
- Great deal of experience in working with in-market Operations and collaborating with diverse teams (Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product)
- Expertise in stakeholder management
- Outstanding problem solver: creative, solution-oriented, adaptable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills; proficient at delivering presentations on the executive level in English and German. Any additional language is an asset.
- Willingness for extensive travel.
- BA/BS degree
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize mobility with a cutting edge data science provider
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with a fast growing startup
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Motion-S strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Motion-S is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As part of our expansion plans in Europe, we are now opening a position for
to support the research and development team.
You will be working with our engineers and data scientists to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of mobility data, in particular vehicle driving data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver reliable profiles to explain the variable costs of mobility. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Such tasks include the modelling of driver behavior components, energy consumption and vehicle components wear using machine learning, designing scoring functions, propose metrics for mobility assessment based on multi-dimensional features.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating predictive models for mobility and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Deep Learning, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the most common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, Jupyter Notebooks, etc
- Great communication skills in English (French or German is a plus)
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases and object storage is a plus
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python or R
- Data-oriented personality
Mobile Developer (Android, iOS, Xamarin)
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer with either native (iOS, Android) or Xamarin frameworks
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
SYSTEMS AND DATA ENGINEER
Systems & Data Engineer
You will be working with our engineers and data scientists to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of mobility data, in the particular vehicle driving data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver reliable profiles to explain the variable costs of mobility.
You will play an important role in re-designing and optimizing our data platform and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced systems engineer having built data pipelines in the past and who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal storage, extraction, and the transformation of geospatial data from a wide variety of data sources
- Responsible for deploying Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Build and operate CI/CD Pipelines and apply site reliability engineering principles to services
- Optimize service performance by implementing service monitoring strategies
- Manage/operate and assure availability, performance, and security of the services
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design and implement APIs to be consumed by visualization dashboards and mobile apps.
- Manage and operate deployments in cloud environments and bare-metal servers
- Work closely with software developers and data scientists within the company to maintain software and interfaces needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Assist the management and sales in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Always try to keep up to date with the latest technologies
- We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a System Engineer and/or Data Engineer role.
- Highly experienced with Python. Knowledge of Rust, Go, Scala, or Java is considered an asset.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, automation, Infrastructure as Code, configuration management, and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency in containerized environments such as Docker. Experience with Kubernetes is considered a plus.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases such as Postgres as well as NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Cassandra. Experience with geospatial data and PostGIS is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing production APIs. Experience with FastAPI or Flask is an asset.
- Previous exposure to designing a Cloud Solution Architecture (especially AWS) is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, event processing, and tools such as RabbitMQ and Celery.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow is an asset.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets and tools such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Monitor the status of the platforms in both production and staging environments
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience in working in Grails and Xamarin is a plus
We offer internships for students. Please apply minimum six months in advance to allow us to set up interesting projects. We are looking forward developing great ideas together!
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation to: